Is your roof leaky? What would you do if your roof was leaking? You can take care of your home by knowing the signs and how to fix them. Here are the facts.
Signs that a Roof Leak
The signs of a roof leak can vary, but if your roof is leaking, you likely will experience one or more of the following problems:
- Bubbling paint on your ceiling or walls. The paint can bubble up or become discolored if water gets into your walls.
- Sometimes, you will see water puddles on the floor. Water can sometimes appear on your floor, even though it is coming from your roof.
- Moldy or mildew smells can be found in your home. A roof leak could lead to mold or mildew problems. You might experience a musty odor if this happens.
- Stains on your walls or ceiling. Check for brown spots on your ceilings.
- Pest infestation. Pest infestation can be caused by a roof leak. Wood-destroying pests will prefer to eat rotten wood as it is easier to remove.
- Damaged shingles. Damaged shingles can indicate roof distress and could indicate that there are leaks around your roof.
Is your Roof Leaking? Don’t Wait!
Don’t delay if your roof is leaky. Don’t wait to get help. You could end up with structural damage, wood decay, mold, mildew and other problems. While you may be able temporarily to stop the leak by using a tarp, it is best to not climb onto your roof without safety precautions. You may need to have your roofing contractor place a tarp over your roof while you wait for repairs.
What to Do if Your Roof Leaks
To inspect your roof, call a licensed Florida roofing contractor. You may need a roof repair or replacement. When hiring a roofing contractor to repair or replace your roof, look for the following:
- Reputation. What is the average tenure of the roofing contractor you have hired? Are they a winner? Are they able to provide references? These are all indicators that can help you determine a contractor’s reputation.
- License. License. Florida roofing contractors must be licensed. Before signing any contract, verify their license.
- Customer service. A roofing contractor should be able to provide excellent customer service, answering all questions promptly and politely.
- Old Time Roofing Contractors has the right people to help you. Call today to make an appointment.
This post was written by a roofing professional at KCG Roofing. https://kcgroofing.com/ is a premier roofing contractor in Florida! KCG Roofing has the experience and expertise to replace or repair your roof with quality materials and excellent craftsmanship. All our roofs are backed by a 15-year leak-free guarantee, the highest in the industry. We have been family-owned and operated for over 40 years.