We know it’s daunting to move from one position to another – It demands your strength, cash, time and other things.
But remember one thing – Good preparation always conquer the stress you get in the process,
And this is an attempt to make your journey (moving one place to another) stress-free with the help of our 10 DOs and Don’ts.
10 DOs When Moving To A New House
- Do Create A To-do List- Organized work reduce our extra hours. When you create your to-do list you prioritize your work and make it happen comfortably.
- Do Start Packing – This should be the first on your to-do list. It kickstarts your journey and gives you the importance of packing that is essential for shifting.
- Do Inform – You must inform every important associate who looks after essential services. Notify your friends, family, Ex-owner (New House) and Society.
- Book Movers – Your primary job is to book a mover. Make sure you book a reputed, experienced and affordable one. This will ease your workload in several ways.
- Do Declutter – Decluttering saves a huge deal of time. There is no need to rush for things that you don’t require. Decluttering is mandatory to ease your burden!
- Do Save – If you can then do it. Arrange cardboard boxes from friends or family to load items rather than spending on other moving equipment.
- Do Label – Label your packed boxes for identification. This helps you to unload packings the way you want. Mark the content, destination room and other instructions on boxes to unload conveniently.
- Do Update – Make sure you update your new address in mails, letters, and bills. To get relevant news at your new place.
- Do Check – Before you move to your new house check whether essential things are available or not. For instance, power, gas, water, etc.
- Do Final Check – Before you lock your old house, have a sneak peek inside every room to check if you are not missing necessary items while shifting.
10 Don’ts When Moving To A New House
- Don’t Lose Time – You will lose your precious time if you don’t have a clear plan of action. Make sure you organize the work as per your to-do list.
- Don’t Procrastinate – You should never say ‘Let’s do this tomorrow’. Just prepare yourself and pack things first before you initiate other work.
- Don’t Overpay – You try not to spend extra on services you don’t require. Ask for help and reduce the cost by packing things yourself.
- Don’t postpone – You may see yourself in trouble if you postpone work. From packing to booking, every work should be given your attention.
- Don’t Pack In Hurry – Keep your work organized, especially, the packing part. You will end up losing your energy and time when you are unorganized.
- Don’t Sign – Be cautious. Especially, when you move to a new house. Don’t sign any blank paper or two without understanding it.
- Don’t Pack Forbidden Things – Some equipment are restricted for travel. You need permission to get things moved which are inflammable, explosive and corrosive. Take the approval and go on!
- Don’t Take Old Furniture – Your new house should have new furniture. It should definitely have when moving old ones cost you more than buying.
- Don’t Lift Things – There is no need to save money that can cause an injury. Do yourself a favour – Avoid lifting and save your energy.
- Don’t Assume – When you move to a new place you should always be ready first. Don’t assume that everyone will stand for your help, call them (your friends and family) and book them for a particular role.